Thursday, May 03, 2007

One Word Means So Much

It has been nearly a year since Madison said, "MaMa." Yes, she knows that I am Mommy. She just will not say it. Today in speech therapy we worked on the sign for MaMa. Madison showed no interest in signing. Tonight when Rory came home he continually signed Mama and repeated MaMa over and over again in conjunction with the sign for MaMa. After about fifteen minutes she very clearly said, "MaMa." I thought I would cry. She said MaMa a few more times before going to bed. My heart was so happy. Rory said he had not seen my face glow like that in a long time.


Therapy is going so well. Madison is getting stronger daily. Her vocabulary is growing. She tries to repeat the words we are saying. Sometimes we can understand what she is saying, but the fact that she is attempting to repeat is showing great improvements.


2 comments:

epin said...

How incredibly sweet, and yes it is great to hear "Mama." I can't wait to meet you and Madison next month!

Beth and Shayna said...

Donna, that is so great. I am so happy that Madison is doing so well and saying that sweet word, mama! We cannot wait to meet her.