Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Waiting, Touring and Just Hanging Out........

Since we arrived in Hangzhou we have had rain every day. Our time was pretty much restricted to what we could find to do in the hotel. Yesterday we finally got a break. We had a little rain in the morning and then no rain for the rest of the day. We spent the first part of the morning touring a silk factory. Jake and Becca you would have loved to see them pull the silk thread from the worms. This was very interesting. After the silk factory tour we had a group lunch at the Marco Polo Hotel. The food was really great. However, Madison does not like to sit still. So, I usually do not get to eat too much. I guess I am on the Madison diet. She ate a bit of the egg custard, but still prefers only her bottle and Congee. Rory your task is to figure out how to make this and be ready when we get home. She can eat about a half a bowl at breakfast and dinner. She did manage to eat one cheerio today, then thought of them as toys.



On Tuesday Madison had an extremely late nap and was up quite late. So yesterday I made it my mission to keep her up and get her to bed early. I am getting quite sleep deprived. So by 7 last night, she was quite fussy and nothing pleased her. So she and I walk the halls in the hotel. We must have put about 3 miles on the stroller. Finally in the last half mile she fell in the a deep sleep. So she and I were in bed by 8. The cost of an early night is an early morning. She was up at 3. I was afraid she would not go back to sleep. But is now resting nicely in my bed.


Today if we have no rain, we are going to go on a boat ride on West Lake. This should be a fun time. We miss everyone and I really can not wait to come home. This is indeed an experience of a lifetime, but is made harder when leaving Rory, Jake, Becca and Elisha behind.




Madison did not want to go to one of the staff at the silk factory. She finally gave in. This woman also let me know that Madison was not covered well enough. Later in the store there were many more who let me know she was not covered.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jake and I were looking at the pictures and wanted to let you know she is not covered well enough. :) The pictures are great.

Jake & Rory

Anonymous said...

I miss you! Madison is adorable! I love you!

Becca

Anonymous said...

Donna,
Madison is beautiful and looking great! (just not covered well enough)..............More time to sleep will come...later. Enjoy each day. God Bless, Betty

Anonymous said...

I started crying when I saw the pictures. I think she is adorable. I take that back! I KNOW she is adorable! I miss you soooooooooooo much! I am counting down the hours. I miss you!! I love you!!

Proud Big Sister,
Becca

P.S. Call me tonight. I am at Mamaw's house.